Holiday Letting Agreement
This agreement is made between the owners and the guest(s) named on the booking.
It is agreed that the owners will let and that the guest will take the furnished premises at:
Cherry Tree & Almond Apartments, Orchard Country Apartments, Beadnell, Northumberland, NE67 5AX.
The Guest Agrees with the Owners as Follows
1. To pay 100% of the rent prior to commencement of the booking.
2. Not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior of the premises or to the decoration, fixtures or fittings of the premises or to the furniture.
3. To keep the furniture, soft furnishings, fixtures, fittings and equipment in their present state of repair and condition and to replace with similar articles of at least the equivalent value and standard, any items of furniture which may be found to be missing, damaged or destroyed (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
4. Not to remove any of the furniture from its present position in the premises.
5. To use the premises as a private holiday residence for up to 2 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever. Additional persons may be accommodated by prior arrangement only.
6. Not to affix any poster or placard to the interior or exterior of the premises.
7. Not to do or permit to be done anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance or cause of damage to any neighbouring or adjoining property.
8. Not to do anything or suffer or permit anything to be done as a result of which any policy or insurance held by the owners on the premises may become void or voidable or subject to an increased rate of premium.
9. Not to use the property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
10. Not to play or permit to be played in the premises any musical instrument or sound production equipment between 10.00pm and 8am or so as to be audible outside the premises.
11. To permit the owners, their agents or contractors’ access to the premises to deal with any maintenance or security issues at any time.
12. Not to smoke/vape or permit smoking/vaping inside or on the premises.
13. Not to allow pets inside or on the premises, except dogs as covered in clause 15.
14. To accept and abide by the General Terms & Conditions that comprise of this Holiday Letting Agreement.
15. One dog is permitted to stay in the apartment free of charge. Additional dogs are permitted at a charge of £30.00 per dog with a maximum of 2 dogs.
On Completion of the Letting period:
The guest agrees to leave the premises and the furniture, in a clean and tidy state of repair and condition and in accordance with the provisions of this agreement.
The guests agree to vacate the property before 9am on their day of departure, if they do not vacate the property by the agreed date and time, they agree to pay a pro rata rate for the period of extended stay.
Any costs associated with sourcing and paying for alternative accommodation for guests with a booking for that period.
Any costs incurred by the owner due to the guests extended period of stay.
Provisionals and Declarations
1. If at any time during the letting period, the fee or any part of it is unpaid or any covenant by the guest contained in the agreement is broken or not performed or observed, it shall be lawful for the owners or their agent at any time thereafter to re-enter the premises or any part thereof in the name of the whole and upon re-entry this agreement shall absolutely determine but without prejudice the right of action of the owners or their agent in respect of any breach of any covenant contained in this agreement.
2. This Agreement is made on the basis that the premises are to be occupied by the guest for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the guest acknowledges that this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the letting period.
3. As a holiday letting, this agreement is an excluded agreement for the purpose of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
4. It is the intention of the owners and the guest during the term of this agreement that the occupation by the guest of the premises is for the purposes of a holiday let only and that the guest occupied the premises solely on this basis and that this agreement shall take effect as a holiday letting Agreement only.
5. The terms and conditions of the agreement become valid upon written confirmation by the owners of acceptance of the holiday letting period for the agreed letting period.
COVID 19 – Protocols
The guests agree to follow all government guidance, social distancing and regular hand washing.
To contact the owners or their agent immediately if they become unwell and are advised to have a Covid-19 test, so that they can take appropriate action to protect staff, property owners, suppliers and future guests.
On departure to place all rubbish including tissues and face wipes into a plastic bag and then into a rubbish bag before putting into the wheelie bin/dustbin.
Strip their beds and placing all bed linen and towels into a plastic bag prior to departure.
Load and starting the dishwasher.
Terms & Conditions
The Booking shall be made and this Booking Contract shall be effective when we received the full amount payable for the Property or the Initial Deposit.
The Lead Guest must be over 18 years of age and authorised to make the booking and to accept these Booking Terms & Conditions by all persons named on the Property Rental Booking Form. The Lead Guest will be responsible for making all payments due.
On receipt of documents from us you must advise us if anything appears to be incorrect. We (the owners) regret that we cannot accept liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies within 10 days of our dispatching the documents to you. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
In order to confirm your booking, payment for the full amount payable for the Property or the initial deposit must be received. If we do not receive your payment, then we will release your reservation and will not be able to guarantee that the property will subsequently be available.
If payment is not received by us in full 8 weeks prior to the commencement date of your holiday in the booking confirmation then we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
In this case, cancellation charges as set out in the clause “Cancellation by you” will be applicable. NB No reminders of payment dates will be sent. Bookings received 8 weeks or less before the booking arrival date must be paid in full. Although we would not anticipate any costing errors on the booking confirmation invoice, should there be an obviously incorrect price shown, then we will issue a new invoice and will not be bound by the price shown on the incorrect invoice.
A binding contract comes into existence when your booking is confirmed and we received the full amount payable for the Property or the Initial Deposit.
This contract is governed by English Law. It is mutually understood and agreed that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
Damage and Extra Cleaning
All bookings are accepted on the condition that the property is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as at the start of the holiday, and that the person who made the booking will pay for breakages and / or damage and extra cleaning, if so required.
The rent includes the cost of a routine clean at the end of the letting, should an additional in depth or decontamination clean be necessary due to misuse or illness whilst in occupation of the property (such as action contrary to the Terms and Conditions of Renting), the hirer will be liable. Major breakages should be reported to the owners immediately and minor damage should be noted at the termination of the week.
Definition of Breaks
Definition of a Weekly Break:
Weekly breaks commence after 5.00 pm on Saturday, vacate before 9.00 am the following Saturday.
Occupation of Property
Only the named guests are permitted to use or stay in the property. If you are expecting Overnight visitors, you must let us or our representatives know. You and your party must not exceed at any time the numbers of sleeping places, ie 2.
The owners or our representatives have a right at all times to refuse access to the property for people who are not members of the party.
Smoking/vaping is not allowed within the apartment. If this condition is breached, the owner will hold the hirer responsible and reserves the right to charge for a deep clean of up to £100 to the guest (s).
One dog is permitted to stay in the apartment free of charge. Additional dogs are permitted at a charge of £30.00 per dog per week, with a maximum of 2 dogs.
The apartment comes with one car parking space adjacent to Cherry Tree and Almond Apartments. Vehicles, baggage and personal belongings are at the Hirer’s risk at all times, and no responsibility can be accepted for loss of or damage to any vehicle, its contents and other personal belongings. We request cars must be parked in the designated parking bays.
It is the responsibility of the Guests to ensure that their personal possessions are insured. We cannot accept any liability for theft of, loss of or damage to personal possessions. We also recommend that guests arrange adequate travel insurance for cover in case of cancellation (see CANCELLATIONS).
Guests cancelling up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday will receive a 50% refund of the full amount payable.
Guests cancelling within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday will receive a 0% refund of the full amount payable.
In case of a deposit payment, the booking deposit is always non-refundable.
A £100 security deposit is payable with the final balance, 8 weeks before your stay.
This security deposit will be held for up to 7 days after check out. This will be refunded to your payment method.
This security deposit is to cover any damages caused or breaches of this contract to cover losses of the owner. We will write to you within 5 days after check out to advise if any charges will be made.
Complaints & Maintenance
Complaints & Maintenance must be reported immediately to the owners of the property or to their representatives thereby giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay.
If the problem cannot be rectified during your stay, you must write to us at Cherry Tree Apartments C/O Mansons Property Consultants 5 Holly Avenue West Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 2AR or email@example.com, within 28 days of departure giving full details & photos of your complaint. We cannot accept complaints if you have not followed the course of action laid down in this clause.
Caring for your Safety
Every reasonable effort has been made to mitigate possible safety hazards in the property. However, it is guests responsibility to inspect the property and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards. Check the layout of your holiday property and the fire plan information so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily.
Information provided on booking forms will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose than to keep you updated of any news/offers regarding Cherry Tree & Almond apartments.
This is from 5.00 pm on the arrival day booked, located in the key safe.
Instructions for access to the property will be emailed to you 1 week prior to your check in date.
This is before 9.00 am on the departure day booked, keys to be returned to the key safe.
Instructions for check out procedures emailed to you 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.